Work with us! Vacancies in Tauranga, Rotorua/Taupo, Hamilton and Waikato.
Truly Treasured Vacancies
Responder for Deceased Pet Collection
All pets, small and large, are lovingly and respectfully cared for in their final days to cremation at Truly Treasured. Our staff provide valuable personal in home support and assistance for owners of companion pets taking care of all clients needs at this difficult time of loss. We have vacancies in Tauranga, Rotorua/Taupo and Hamilton and Waikato.
Our family is seeking reliable, patient and compassionate, professional pet carers to join our team. The role will involve spending serene quality time with clients, collecting deceased pets from clients homes or vets and transporting them to one of our storage facilities.
Truly Treasured offers support and compassion at times when people need it most. It is important to be patient, reassuring, and kind when you are talking to people in the midst of grief respecting all ethnic and individual values. Handling their beloved pet with love, respect and dignity is of utmost value.
1. Current NZ Covid Vaccination Certificate
2. Reliable vehicle
3. Ability and willingness to travel allocated areas to collect pets
4. Availability, so you can respond to a call-out immediately or within an acceptable timeframe.
5. Ability to help lift heavier animals e.g. dogs (although in most cases families will assist with this)
6. Clean MOJ check
7.Communication Skills including computer competence with your own devices.
8.Two work references, and two character references.
1. Naturally, the number of calls varies from week to week. This means you will be able to work another job at the same time as long as you respond to callouts as immediately as possible within an acceptable timeframe.
2. You will receive all enquiries through our family and then contact clients yourself to make final arrangements. Exceptional communication skills are a valuable asset to representing us.
3. Ensuring clients details are correct and pets are identified and stored correctly.
Each call-out will be paid a fee based on the distance you travel. We will discuss this with you once you apply.
Would you like to be a part of our first-line pet grief responder team?
Submit a cover letter that outlines why you’d like to assist and why you think you’d be a good fit for this role. Include any previous work experience.